Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby!!!

Crazy life here at the Dalling home! We went in for regular appointments with the doctor. Work, school, church, friends, the normal happen life. And then suddenly we have a baby! Wow the last few months feel like they flew by. Though at moments it really felt like a life time.

I went in for my 35 week check up and they said that our baby girl was doing just fine and there was no need to worry. She was going to stay cookin' for awhile. But then that weekend... we went to the hospital. Again... For the like 3rd time? Or was it more... they all blur together! They told me that they were not going to let me go home until she was born. So Dayle and I are pros at the hospital stay now. We have a movie, game, and alone time routine. If you want to have a lot of individual time with your hubbie. Get admitted to the hospital. All the world kind of stops for awhile. You don't worry about groceries, appointments, ect. It is just you and them. And I have to admit it was pretty nice those few days before she was born.

It was even our 3rd year Anniversary the day before she was born!!! Dayle picked up some Olive Garden and some Sparkling Cider and we made a date of it. So memorable! I love my husband!

Well after 5 days in the hospital they took Eden via an Emergency C-Section! She was 36 weeks. So a tid bit early and we also spent 5 days in the NICU. So after 10 days we all went home together! Though Eden was in the NICU up until we went home together. So when we got home, I finally got to be mom. Dayle was so wonderful running from the NICU to me. Giving me updates. Taking care of Eden... He is such an amazing husband and father. Words can not express how lucky I am. He still gets up at night with her. And right now he is singing to her.

It has been a whirl wind of adventures. And I am so grateful for all the family and friends who have helped us out. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words so I will post a few... That way I won't bore you anymore. So enjoy!



Moments before our world changed forever!

Eden moments after entering the world!
Eden in the NICU on the CPAP. Only 24 hours, and then about 24 hours on low flow. What a strong baby! The nurses said she was the best little trooper ever!


First Bottle Ever! No more feeding tubes!
No tubes! Going home with mommy and daddy!


Two weeks after being home! Love our family!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

She is beautifu! Congrats guys! You both will be wonderful parents!!!!

Crystal said...

Isn't it crazy how your whole world changes so fast, even though it seemed like forever at the same time. I love you guys! Congrats! And wow, I hadn't realized how long you really were in the hospital for. You all were troopers if you ask me.